Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Building a strong foundation

In order to fully appreciate the present, I will first show you a graphic representation of my past experiences. From 2001 till 2006, I desired to grasp a firm foundation in the marketing discipline, holding positions in all of the major areas. These area's, such as marketing research, advertising, public relations, direct mail, personal selling and graphic design are all integrated into marketing as a whole. My goal here was to become competitive in the job market by demonstrating that, unlike the majority, I understood marketing and it's related functions, in a variety of different work settings and cultures. Another approach I encountered along the way was to balance off work experience with scholastic activity, so you can cross apply learning. This helped while I juggled working at Reebok, Lycos and taking two classes simultaneously.

Advice to succeed
  1. Never narrow yourself down, until you have built a foundation to work from.
  2. Make the most of your time, be productive and get experiences others do not have the opportunity to have
  3. Stay competitive as much as posibble. This means become well balanced. Integrate school with work experiences, while still maintaining a social network.
More to come.......

No comments: